In which side is Israel standing?

>> 25 March 2011

Mistaken
Mistaken whoever believes that in politics, borders can isolate nations. What happened in Tunisia resulted in Mubarak's end in Cairo, what happens in Syria & Iran decides who will lead the Knesset in Israel, and what's said in Tel-Aviv decides what USA will make in Middle East.
But obviously, this rule isn't liked by those who are saying that Israel doesn’t have any other choice except to wait and see who will reach power in Egypt: Liberals or Islamists? ... Or in other words, they are saying: Don't blame us when it goes bad in Cairo, because we don’t have anything to do with it… But Don’t they?

Israel & Security
Security in any nation is the most important thing to take care of. That's why nations are having armies and police forces. But Israel maybe the only country in the world, in which security agenda decides who will be the Prime Minister. So, if the Anti-Israel states in Middle East decided to change their position and take the side of peace, those who are slaying peace for security in Israel won't be in the Knesset again. That's why some leaders in Israel are grateful to Hamas and Iran for leading them to their positions in the Knesset.
But don't forget Israeli friends, You have to live in Panic fearing from the monsters and aliens surrounding you in Middle East, or else how would they talk about the security anymore ?

Me & Israel
On December 2010, I declared that I want to visit Israel (for 2 weeks), to build bridges with Israeli activists, in order to help both nations in managing relations in a better way. For the last 4 months, Israeli officials are refusing to give me a visa to Israel. And more than 10 activists in Israel is trying to get me one, and all of them failed, even knowing that they represent several Israeli Institutions, and one of them is an active member in a party ruled Israel in the past.
Actually, I started to believe that Mubarak who killed Israelis in Sinai (In 1973) is more welcomed in Israel than me the pacifist who refused to carry a weapon against Israel (could have been jailed because of that). Israel wouldn't refuse to give Mubarak a visa. So, the lesson which Israel wants me to learn, that I have to be an enemy of Israel to be welcomed in Israel, Just as the terrorists whom Israel speaks with in claimed peace talks, and yet there are people asking: Why those talks usually fail?

What's happening In Cairo?
Every week, one of Israeli politicians visits Egypt. But they meet only Egyptian Militarists. They don't meet Egyptian liberal secular pro-peace activists. But here is the good news: Militarists here are giving the rule of Egypt to Islamists, and if we didn't stop this we will have an Islamic parliament in Egypt by next September.
So if Israel is supporting Egyptian Militarists, and those militarists are supporting Islamists, Then Israel is supporting Islamists. That’s why I’m asking: In which side is Israel standing? Because obviously it isn’t the civil side.
Egyptian Militarists are ensuring that they will keep the peace treaty, just as they were ensuring that Mubarak won't fail. And look at it from the other side, Has Iran or Turkey declared War against Israel? There are a big distance between declaring war and supporting terrorism. And if Egyptian officials had put a bomb in a church in Alexandria to kill their own citizens, so sure Israel can trust that those guys won't support terrorism in Israel. And you already know from Wikileaks that Tantawi was training his army for the last 20 years on the bases that Israel is the only enemy, so what a friend do you have.

Too late understanding
In 4 February, I published a video on the web, advising Israel to support the Egyptian revolution, to win the hearts of Egyptians, and it was broadcast on Israeli TV during following days. Lots of Israelis made fun of me, declaring their support to Mubarak. In the 3rd of March, the Arabic official site of the Israeli Ministry of foreign Affairs (Al-Tawasol) published Statements of some Israeli leaders showing solidarity with pro-democratic movements in Middle East, but it was too late.
Egyptians don't care about what Israeli leaders would say, after they said that Mubarak is a friend of Israel... Israelis don't understand why Egyptians are angry of those words. Just Imagine that I'm saying that Hitler is a friend of Egypt... bad words, isn’t it?
Israeli activist, Roy Arad wrote about how Israeli police fined him when he and his friends converted Magen David square in Israel to another Tahrir square, to show solidarity with the Egyptian revolution. What a nice message to send to Egyptians, and we expect Egyptians to love Israel?

Final Words
- If Islamists took over Egypt, I can book the first plane ticket out of Egypt, and continue my life happily in any free country in the World. I'm sure that lots of nations would be happy to accept me in their lands. But would you, Israeli people (the 8 millions), do the same?
- Why I'm writing this? … Because of what I said in the first paragraph: What's happening in Jerusalem decides what will happen in Egypt, and I love my country.

* Two Israeli newspapers refused publishing this article!!!!

Maikel Nabil Sandwww.MaikelNabil.com
Egyptian Pro-Peace Activist, The First Conscientious Objector in Egypt, and the leader of the No For Compulsory Military Service Movement. Refused serving in the Egyptian Army in October 2010, got arrested twice by the Egyptian Military because of my activism.

Further Links:
Arabic Article: Why I’m A Pro-Israel (Published also on the official site of the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

7 comments:

chicky00 22/04/2011, 22:49

I just want to mention that the fine wasn't connected to egypt. we got it because we didn't ask for permission and we used a megaphone, and it was little money that we happily paid for solidarity with our neighbours, and for the respect of their vision.

roy chicky arad, tel aviv
www.chicky.org

Anonymous,  25/04/2011, 00:32

you are a brave man maikel. but i dont support any arab and i dont care what way egyptians will choose to go. i read some things you have written and concluded that you dont really know a whole lot about my people. it may be that some of the causes you fought for and that got you into prison are causes you imagined. we are proud of our country. we are proud to go to the army. we do agree with our government - thats why we vote for it.

Life in Egypt 26/04/2011, 13:34

SEVERAL OF MY BLOGS WERE TAKEN DOWN BY THE REGIME, SOME I TOOK DOWN AFTER THREATS BY THE SECURITY POLICE HERE IN LUXOR, AND ALL I WAS TRYING TO DO WAS LET PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE CORRUPTION IN THIS THE SUPREME COURT OF LUXOR DISTRICT, WHERE ALMOST EVERY JUDGE ESPECIALLY THE PROSECUTION JUDGES, LAWYERS AND POLICE IN MY CASE WAS AND ARE CORRUPT, TODAY JUST LIKE PILES OF SHIT THEY HAVE BEEN MOVED AROUND, AND WITH THE HELP OF Dr Ahmed Mohammed Ahmed Al-Tayeb Al-Azhar Sheikh ,NONE WILL BE PROSECUTED AS THEY WERE ACTING AS GOOD MUSLIMS PROTECTING EACH OTHER, THE LAST BIT OF MY STORY IS ON. http://www.bloodylyingbastards.blogspot.com/

Anonymous,  29/04/2011, 04:05

I'm israeli, not representing anyone, just my opinion. I think that our government is really uncertain on what happens next. In an ideal world, all arab states would be democratic, and have peace with us. but that's not the case. so we have peace with a dictator like Mubarak, and be nice to him or others like him because we prefer peace with dictators on this uncertainty. We had this fun with Iran that was our friend until the 70s. You are also wrong about israeli leadership. your point of view is oversimplified. i suggest you'll take a look at memorial days to understand how war is treated in israel. mind you, Begin who brought peace with egypt and Rabin were both militants. The feeling of myself and my friends is that we're doomed to live in war for eternity. Yes, just because we're not muslims, and prefer to stay this way. When thinking of what we gave up on in order to stop this conflict - teritory, bringing Arafat, talking to Abu Mazen (holocaust denier), and how little the palestinian changed their demands (right of return, burning stuff) makes me understand that's a bad deal and that nothing good will come out of it. regarding you not allowed access, i'm really sorry. you sound pretty reasonable person. My guess is that too many "peace activists" come over and add fuel to the fire. or it can be just a stupid clerk. As for being angry etc, I have a book of egypt caricatures in my library, to remind me how egyptian newspapers think of israelis. I also didn't hear anything like - "we're sorry" for trying to murder all of us 3 years after the holocaust. so lets put emotions in the side ok? wishing you a good day and may you visit Tel aviv and me Giza.

Y.

Anonymous,  20/10/2011, 09:50

I find some of the comments not close to the truth.If a person does not love his country and willing to fight for it that person is either a coward or has no value. Like who said Egyptian officials put the bomb in the church in Alexandria. Just use your brain why stir up a problem with the Christians! Just a bit over the top to me and a lot of people! Why not Palestinians ( who hate the Egyptian for not fighting for their cause but yet they run to other countries and cry for help) or April 6th !!!who have caused the the deaths of Christians in the recent Tv station incident. Pictures on the net of a guy carrying a rifle is enough to tell the army is our protector and the young men of the army should be allowed to carry guns with real bullets. They should not be sitting ducks for this terrorist group.

Your comment:
Well that is right every country needs their army to be strong. I can not say the Egyptian Army is trained only to fight Israel if you are being trained to fight it does not matter who they are if they intrude into your land even Palestinians should considered enemies.

Anonymous,  20/10/2011, 12:47

Get real Israel was killing Egyptian Christians and Muslims alike. The PM of Israel was in the military so that should go the same for him why would they give him a visa to enter. On the other hand you show that you are not loyal to your country so I would consider you a risk anywhere! Mubarak did keep the peace treaty for 30 years that is more than the protesters who attacked the Israelis Embassy!